Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am obviously bored right now

Hello world. You probably haven't missed me much. In fact, I'm not entirely sure anyone reads this anymore as I update it infrequently and have fallen out of touch with my blog reading friends. But I digress. The semester is over! I finally have free time. For those of you out there who I was ditching, I'm sorry! I was stressed, and crazy busy, and I miss you. I'm still stressed, but for different reasons now. After spending a semester driving into the city for school, work and to see my friends, I have decided enough is enough. I spend all my time with you Philadelphia, why don't we make it official. That's right Philly, I want you to move in with you. Let's do it. It might not be easy, it might not always be fun, but I'm ready to make the jump. But seriously, I am moving to west Philly in January. I'll be close to my favorite bars and close to my favorite people. I can walk to work and school and everything will be roses. The thorn is that I'm terrified to be on my own, paying my own rent, budgeting my own budget, cooking my own meals every night. It will be a close budget, but it's possible and I think it's time to grow up. Time to live without a safety net. or something. I don't know. In other news, today I found a note I wrote myself so long ago that I no longer where, when or why. It's a list of bands I really don't listen to and songs I've never heard of. This is the list 1. Beatbeatbeat- we are waves 2. miike snow- silvia 3. the pains of being pure at heart-this love is f*ing right 4. bombay bicycle club- evening morning 5. White Rabbits- the plot 6. Gin wigmore- dying day 7. Destroyer- Chinatown 1. Is simultaneously chill and upbeat. It is lovely sentimental nonsense. Tada 2. This Band... man. A bunch of people kept saying "you gotta hear miike snow!" but i generally don't listen to anyone ever. So I miss out. But I really like this song 3. I already knew about this band, but I had only really listened to one of their songs. Their name seems kinda melodramatic, but i wanted to name my band compassionate assassin so what do i know? Turns out they have another good song! 4. Two guys chase a guy in a panda suit for about half of this video. What? Oddly enough this is exactly the kind of music I listen to while running. Also, the lead singer needs to be wearing anything but those white shorts. gross. 5. I really get sick of people referencing Jefferson Airplane. They were good, and I have a soft spot in my heart that can only be filled by White Rabbit and Kevin Devine's Carnival Because both songs are so damn weird. But I think JA is put on this pedestal that they don't really deserve. But, despite the band that this band either stole their name from that song title or a children's book, they really are pretty okay. Nothing stellar, but solid indie rock music, and that's okay. 6. Those Kiwis really know whats up. First Kate-Miller Heidke, then Kimbra and now this. They just breed pretty girls with pretty voices down there. I'm jealous 7. Destroyer should be the name of a metal band. I see big guys with bigger hair and this is so the opposite of that. Listening to it right now I want to have a nap. And during that nap I will dream about going on a trip to china, running into the doctor, and seeing all of space and time. And then getting really homesick. I don't know what I was on when I wrote this list (I'm never ON anything), But it is everything I wanted. My musc has been boring me lately and I have been a bit too busy to find new things. But somehow, sleepy cynthia (who i am convinced is actually a separate entity) managed to make a whole lists of things awake cynthia would like. Good work past self. I wonder what else I have blacked out of my memory? How many wonderful things have I missed out on because I am so forgetful? I'm betting lots. If you aren't sick of videos, this wasn't on the magical list, but is my favorite. Anyways. That was all I really had to say. I can't wait to finally get to catch up with people. My classmates are cool, but I miss spending time with people who like me and don't just tolerate my dorkiness because they are in all my classes. I'm gonna go write or draw or something now. cynthia

1 comment:

Terry_Casey said...

Good luck with the move!